Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, September 23, 2012

EMBELLISHMENTS, POUR UNE PETITE FILLE

NESTING THE NURSERY, POUR UNE PETITE FILLE {PHASE III}
 
EMBELLISHMENTS
 
{ART & DECOR}
 
I am so sorry I have been M.I.A lately. I am only a couple weeks away from welcoming our new baby girl and it has taken it's tole on me! Not to mention taking care of a two and half year old and both of us have head colds! Yuck! So this will be my second to last post before I take this blog on Maternity Leave! That's right. I have decided to take some time off from blogging to focus on my family for a while, but don't worry I won't be gone forever!! So today I am going to finish up accessorizing the room by showing you a few fun ways you can "Embellish" your space in simple and inexpensive ways! Stay tuned next week for the final reveal!
 
 
There are other ways to add ornamentation to the walls besides art. You can paint the walls different colors, you can add wallpaper or you can make a statement by adding a stencil. I choose a stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils. I (and when I say I, here, I am referring to we, since my husband is the one who ended up painting it!) selected the Hour Glass Stencil. I love the look of this stencil. I think it goes well with my theme, because the shape reminds me of Hot Air Balloons.
 
 
The stencil came in a roll and with easy to follow instructions. We left the original cream color of the walls and used the Behr Fashion Gray that we applied on the rest of the room to the stencil. Here is my husband hard at work!


Another way to add some unique and original decor to the walls is by embellishing an already existing piece. For example. I found this mirror at Hobby Lobby. The lines are a perfect repetition of the pattern in the stencil don't ya think? I bought these adorable bows in my color scheme (intended for little girls hair) and hot glued them around the frame. It gave the mirror that little extra something that makes it special.


My last little personalization for the room came in the form of a Monogrammed Letter. Names, letters, numbers and monograms are a great addition to any nursery or child's room. I found this particular letter on Etsy. It is on a larger scale that I could not find in my local craft store. It's approximately 24"x24".  I painted the top of it in a custom blended antique pink and painted the sides and edges a dark brown to help give it depth. I added a couple of feathers and a broach type embellishment (both found at a local craft store) to the letter and hung it above the crib. The size and scale are perfect next to my Canvas Works of Art!


I hope you found these tips helpful for your space.
Just a few more finishing touches and the room will be complete. Well nearly complete, Baby Girl will make the total package! Be sure to come back next week when I reveal the whole room!
 
 THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:
 
* Mad in Crafts *The Dedicated House * Keeping It Simple * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * C.R.A.F.T.Alderberry Hill   *  An Original Belle * I should be mopping the floor * Nifty Thrifty Things * It's So Very CheriThe DIY ShowoffDestination CraftCraft-O-ManiacThe Girl Creative * Brassy Apple Twigg StudiosBoogie Board CottageSarah Dawn Designs * Sweet Anne Designs Crafty Texas GirlsCrafty Confessions * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Full Circle CreationsThe Ivy Cottage * Home Stories A to Z * Homework  * A Diamond in the Stuff  * Blackberry Vine *I Gotta Create * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Kammys KornerAdventures of a DIY Mom  * In The Old RoadUncommon * The Well Crafted HomeDIY by Design *Snap * Lil Luna  * Practically Functional * My Girlish Whims Live Laugh RoweThe Shabby Creek Cottage * Made in A DaySomeday CraftsOne Creative Mommy * At The Picket FenceChase the StarChic on a Shoestring * CraftionaryDesign Dining and Diapers * French Country CottageFunky Junk InteriorsPositively Splendid * Its Overflowing 504 Main * Redoux Interiors * Thirty Handmade Days * Craft Junkie Too * The Shabby Nest * Liz MarieBacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
 
 

10 comments:

D. Lynn @Purple Kale said...

This is beautiful!!! Congrats on your little one, I know you're super excited! Would love for you to come and stop by my blog, if you get the chance. http://purplekale25.blogspot.com/

Barbara Hiatt said...

Congrats on your baby to be!! I love this project---adorable! I'd love for you to share this at Keep Calm and Link Up! Hosted by Becoming Martha, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, and myself: Chase the Star! http://www.chasethestar.net/2012/09/keep-calm-and-link-up-7.html

Can't wait to see you there!
Barbara at Chase the Star :)

~Laurie Ann said...

Looks great! Congrats on the baby! Stopping by via Kammy's Korner.
http://www.the-finishing-touches.net/

Full Circle Creations said...

It all looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

Holly

Kathy Moody said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! What a fantastic job. Congrats on your new little one. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am your newest follower of your awesome blog. :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

That was so serious hard work but so worth it. Great job! This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Ivy and Elephants said...

...and of course congratulations on the baby. Such blessings!!!

Paula

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Wow, I love it! And the little feather on the letter is just perfect. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

Barbara Hiatt said...

You already know I love this project--so cute! Thank you SO much for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!
Barbara at Chase the Star
www.chasethestar.net

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Beautiful job. That wall is amazing! Thanks for joining the party at One Creative Weekend! I hope to see you back today.